These beautiful 3.25 inches in diameter, 2 inches height Offering Bowls are made of iron with cloisonne-like designs. The sets are sold as 8 pieces. These cups represent Amithaba and his subjugating nature.
Offering cups are an essential part of any altar or shrine. You are making offers to the Buddha and the bodhisattva’s. Each cup represents a specific offering. Once made they help all other sentient beings as described bellow.
- Water for drinking for those in the lower realms that suffer from thirst
- Water to bath wash away negativity and obstacles
- Flowers to benefit those making the offering
- Incense to aid in the realization of the profound of discipline. It has been said that those that have perfected discipline is surrounded by a sweet fragrance
- Lamp to lighten the path to enlightenment
- Perfume is so negative patterns caused by The Three Poisons can be purified
- Food to help those starving and that we begin to understand that meditation is the food we can all survive on
- Music to please the sense of the deities.